« PředchozíPokračovat »
FUNDAMENTAL LAWS OF EXPRESSION AND INTERPRETATION OF SPECIFIED WORKS.
1. Opus 68 of Beethoven (Pastoral Symphony.) Quote
melody of (a) bars 1-4; (6) bars 64–72 of the 1st movement, add phrase marks and marks of expression.
2. C minor Symphony of Beethoven, 3rd movement.
Quote melody, phrase, and add marks of expression to (a) bars 1-8; (6) 27-45; (c) comment on the main difficulties to be overcome in interpreting this movement, and mention the main
points to be brought out. 3. Sonata 27 Op. 90 of Beethoven(a) Quote melody of, and add expression and
phrase marks to bars 1-23 of the 1st movement. (6) Comment on the spirit of the themes in the
two movements. Where necessary quote and phrase.
4. Write a short essay on the "technique of expression.”
2. Write in the key of Eb an Authentic, Half, and
3. Add above the following basses three parts in close