Podrobnosti o knize
Knihy ve službě Google Play
359. Regulations as to Printing and Posting Schedules of Rates for
Freight Moving Through Foreign countries from and to
Any Place in the United States.
360. No Change of Schedules of Rates Shall Be Made Without
361. Names of All Carriers Parties to Schedules Must Be Specified.
362. Carriers Shall File Contracts Relating to Traffic Arangements.
363. Commission May Prescribe Form of Schedules.
364. No Carrier Shall Participate in Interstate Commerce Unless
the Charges Therefor are Published, and No Such Car-
rier Shall Deviate from the Published Schedules.
365. Preference and Precedence May Be Given Military Traffic in
Time of War.
366. The Commission May Reject Schedules.
367. Penalty for Failure to comply with Orders under Section Six.
368. Penalty for Misstating or Failure to State Rate.
369. Must Post Name of Agent.
370. Corporations Violating the Act to Regulate Commerce Guilty
as Individuals and Punishment Prescribed.
371. Rebate. Punishment for Offering, Granting, Soliciting, or AC-
372. Act of Officer or Agent, When Binding.
373. Carrier ling or Participating in Rate Bound ereby.
374. Forfeiture for Rebating in Addition to Penalties. Limitation
of Six Years Fixed.
375. Jurisdiction over Water Carriers.
376. Physical Connection Between Rail Lines and Dock of Water
377. Through Routes and Joint Rates Between Rail and Water
378. Proportional Rates to and from Ports.
379. Through Rates via Panama Canal.
380. Conditions under Which Through Routes and Joint Rates
with Water Carriers May Be Operated to Be Prescribed by
381. Contracts and Combinations to Prevent Continuous Carriage
of Freight Prohibited.
382. Damages and Attorneys' Fees Allowed for Violations.
383. Where to Sue for Damages, Compulsory Attendance of Wit-
nesses and Production of Papers.
384. Penalties for Violations of the Act.
385. Penalties for False Billing, False Classification, False Weigh.
ing, etc., by Carriers.
386. Penalties against Shippers for False Billing, etc.
387. Penalties and Damages for Inducing Discriminations.
388. Appointment and Term of Office of Commissioners.
389. Power and Duty of Commissioners.
390. Power of Courts to Punish for Disobedience, Witnesses Not
Excused Because Testimony May Incriminate.
391. Right to Take Testimony by Depositions and the Manner
392. Persons Who May File Complaints with the Commission and
Practice with Reference Thereto.
393. Commission May on Its Own Motion Institute Investigations.
393a. Procedure When State Rates Involved.
393b. Order of Commission Binding Notwithstanding State Laws.
394. Reports of Commission on Investigations, How Made and
395. Power of Commission to Determine and Prescribe Just and
Reasonable Rates, Regulations and Practices.
396. When Orders Take Effect and How Long Continue Unless
Modified or Set Aside by the Commission or a Court.
396a. Through Routes and Joint Rates May Be Established by the
396b. Limitations on the Power to Prescribe Through Routes.
396c. Delivery of Ordinary Live Stock.
397. Divisicn of Joint Rate May Be Prescribed by Commission.
398. Right to Suspend Proposed Increases in Rates.
399. Burden of Proof to Justify Rates Increased after Jan. 1, 1910.
400. Through Routes and Joint Rates May Be Established by the
401. Limitation of the Power to Prescribe Through Routes.
402. Shippers May Designate Routing.
403. Unlawful to Give or Receive Information Relative to Shipments.
404. Charges for Instrumentalities Furnished by Shipper Must Be
405. Enumeration of Powers of Commission Not Exclusive.
405a. Meaning of Word “Rates" and "Carriers".
405b. Commission's Power to Initiate Rates-Fair Return.
405c. Percentage Constituting a Fair Return To Be Determined By
405d. Determination of Aggregate Value of Property.
405e. Income In Excess of Fair Return a Trust Fund.
405f. Disposition of Excess Over Six Per Centum.
405g. Carriers' Use of Reserve Fund.
405h. Limit of Five Per Centum for Reserve Fund.
4051. Rules to be prescribed for Recovery of Excess Income.
405). Administration of This Trust Fund by Commission.
405k. Applications By Carriers for Loan of Trust Fund.
4051. Action by the Commission on Applications for Loans.
405m. Applications by Carriers for Lease of Facilities Controlled
by the Commission.
405n. Procedure on Application for Lease.
4050. Commission May Purchase Equipment.
405p. Commission May Make Rules of Procedure.
4059. Section Not to Deprive Shippers of Right to Reparation.
405r. Rights of Carriers When Undertaking New Construction.
406. Award of Damages Shall Be Made by Commission after
407. Carrier Failing to comply with Order for Reparation, Suit
May Be Brought Thereon in United States and State Courts,
the Order Being Prima Facie Evidence of the Right to Re-
408. Limitation on Actions for Damages.
409. All Parties Jointly Awarded Damages May Sue as Plaintiffs
Against All Carriers Parties to the Award.
410. Service of Orders of Commission.
411. Commission May Suspend or Modify Its Orders.
412. Punishment for Knowingly Disobeying an Order Issued under
413. Special Attorneys May Be Employed.
414. Courts May Enforce Obedience to Commission's Order, Man.
datory or Otherwise.
415. Schedules, Contracts, etc., Must Be Filed with the Commis-
sion, and, When Filed, Original or Certified Copy Prima
416. Rehearings May Be Granted by Commission.
417. Procedure before the Commission.
417a. Division of the Commission.
417b. Functions of Commission May Be Performed by Divisions.
417c. Procedure of Divisions-Rehearing by Whole Commission.
418. Salaries and Expenses of the Commission.
419. Principal Office of Commission in Washington, but May Prose-
cute Inquiries Elsewhere.
420. The Commission Is Authorized to Investigate, Ascertain and
Report the Value of Railroad Property.
421. Method of Procedure to Be Prescribed by the Commission.
422. How Such Investigation Is Prosecuted.
423. Duty of Carriers to Aid he Investigation.
424. Valuations to Be Revised and Corrected.
425. Carrier to Make Reports.
426. Notice of Completion of Valuation.
427. Hearings Before Valuation Fixed.
428. Effect of Valuation as Evidence.
429. Applicable to Receivers—Penalty.
430. Jurisdiction of Courts to Aid.
431. Requirements as to Transportation of Employees of the Com.
mission with Supplies Therefor.
432. Annual Reports Required and What They Shall Contain.
Penalties for Failure to Make.
433. Commission May Prescribe Form of Keeping Accounts and
434. Penalties for Failure to Keep Accounts and for Falsifying the
435. The Commission May Permit the Destruction of Papers.
436. Penalty for an Examiner Divulging Information Received as
437. United States Circuit and District Courts May, Upon Ap-
plication of Attorney-General at Request of Commission,
Enforce Provisions of Act.
438. Commission May Employ Agents or Examiners.
439. Receiving Carrier Liable for Loss, Remedy Cumulative.
440. Carriers Liable for Full Value of Property Transported-Cum.
440a. Bills of Lading.
440b. Bill of Lading Act-Transportation Included in Act.
440c. Straight Bill of Lading.
440d. Order Bill of Lading; Negotiable.
440e. Certain Order Bills.
440f. Indorsement on Order Bill.
440g. Indorsement on Straight Bill of Lading.
440h. Insertion of Name of Person to be notified.
440i. Liability of Carrier to Purchaser of Order Bill.
440j. Person To Whom Carrier May Deliver Goods.
440k. Liability of Carrier in Case of Delivery of Goods to Wrong
4401. Liability of Carrier to Purchase of Order Bill.
440m. Liability in Case of Loss of Part of Goods.
4400. Courts May Order Delivery of Goods on Loss of Order Bill
440p. Liability of Carrier on Bill of Lading Indorsed "Duplicate."
440q. Adverse Claim of Title.
440r. Requiring Conflicting Claimants to Interplead.
440s. Delivery By Carrier When Informed of Adverse Claim to
440t. Claim of Third Person Enforced by Legal Process.
440u. Shipper's Weight, Load and Count.
440v. Weight, Load and Count.
440w. Liability of Carrier on Bill of Lading Issued By Its Agent.
440x. Attachment by Garnishment.
440y. Remedies of Creditor.
440z. Lien of Carrier.
440aa. Liability of Carrier After Sale of Goods.
440bb. Negotiation of Order Bill by Delivery.
440cc. Transfer of Bill by Delivery.
440dd. Negotiation of Order Bill by Person in Possession.
440ee. Title and Rights Acquired by Transferee.
440ff. Rights of Transferee.
440gg. Compelling Indorsement of Order Bill.
440bh. Warranties Extend to Negotiation of Bill for Value.
440ii. Liability of Indorser for Acts of Carrier or Previous Indorsers.
440jj. Warranties by Mortgagee.
440kk. Bona Fide Purchaser of Bill Wrongly Negotiated.
44011. Negotiation of Order Bill by Mortgagor.
440mm. Superior Rights of Bona Fide Purchaser of Order Bill.
440nn. Lien Valid.
44000. Forgery or Counterfeiting Bill of Lading; Penalty.
440qq. Retroactive Effect.
440rr. Invalidity of Part of Act.
441. Carrier, As Used in this and Next Eleven Sections, Defined.
441a. Security Issues Regulated.
441b. Power of Commission Over Applications to Issue Securities.
441c. Commission To Prescribe Form of Applications.
441d. Notice of Sale of Securities Required.
441e. Notice of Applications—How Served.
441f. Exclusive and Plenary Jurisdiction Given Commission.
441g. No Guarantee by United States.
441h. Not Applicable to Notes—Rule as To No Par Stock.
441i. Reports of Carriers Showing Security Issues Required.
441j. Securities Not Authorized Void-Penalties.
441k. Interlocking Railway Directorates Regulated.
4411. Annual Reports by Commission to Congress.
442. Circumstances under Which Reduced or Free Fares and Rates
May Be Given.
443. Existing Remedies Not Abridged or Altered. Pending Liti-
gation Not Affected.
444. Interchangeable Mileage Tickets, How Issued.
445. Discrimination May Be Prevented by Writ of Mandamus,
446. Number, Terms, Qualification, Salary and Appointment of Com-
446a. Certain Water Carriers to File Schedules.
446b. Information To Be Furnished By Water Carriers.
446c. Change of Schedules To Be Filed.
446d. Through Bills of Lading Required.
446e. Such Through Lading Not An Arrangement for Continuous
4468. Automatic Trains-Control Devices May Be Required.
446g. Title of Act.
447. Existing Laws as to Obtaining Testimony Applicable to Act.
448. Repealing Conflicting Laws Not to Affect Pending Suits.
449. Time of Taking Effect of Act.
450. Carriers Must Designate Agents in Washington.
451. Pending Cases Not Affected.
452. Commission to Investigate Questions Pertaining to Issuance
of Stocks and Bonds.
453. Injunctions against Operation of State Statutes.
454. When Act Effective.