Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 88
American Alpine Journal, 39(71), 92-97. Smith Sound See Nares Strait Smith,
William (1790-1847) Predating the first sighting of the Antarctic continent itself by
almost one year, British seaman William Smiths discovery of the South Shetland
See also: Argentine Islands United States The first Americans to explore the polar
regions were sealers from New England who ... American polar expeditions
remained characteristically private with minimal state sponsorship until well into
Americans in Antarctica, 1775-1948. New York: American Geographical Society.
Bickel, L. 1977. M awson's will: the ... The voyages of the Cabots and the Corte-
Reals to North America and Greenland, 1497-1503. Paris: Macon, Protat Freres.
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.