Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 88
1580s), 521 Peter I Island (Antarctica), 522 Petermann Island (Antarctic
Peninsula), 522 Phipps, Constantine (1744-1792), 522 Plaisted, Ralph (1927-),
524 Poland, 526 Poles of Inaccessibility, 526 Pomor Contribution to Arctic
Exploration, 527 ...
Robertson Land (Antarctica) Mac. Robertson Land forms that part of East
Antarctica lying between 60° and 73°E, with Kemp Land to the west and Princess
Elizabeth Land to the east. It was discovered from the air on 3 1 December 1 929
Ronne had harsh words as well for Richard Byrd, but then he was not alone in
that and no doubt suffered more than most from Byrd's inclination to treat
Antarctica as his own personal preserve. However, a person does not have to be
likable to ...
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.