Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 87
A series of parliamentary acts bears witness to continuing British interest in the
Northwest Passage. In 1 745, £20,000 was offered for discovery of the Northwest
Passage through Hudson Strait. In 1776, the stipulation of discovery through ...
Ronne found it initially difficult to come to terms with the nearby presence of the
British, feeling they might have chosen another island to one that had been
occupied by the Americans in 1940-1941. A nonfraternization edict was issued
Vancouver: University of British Columbia Press. Horensma, P. T. G. 1988. The
northern frontier: Soviet polar policy since 1917 and its relation to the history of
exploration. Groningen: Univeriteitsdrukkerij. McCannon, J. 1998. Red Arctic:
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.