Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 86
Prince Edward Islands (Sub-Antarctic) This somewhat confusingly named group
consists of two islands, the smaller ... Today, the names "Marion Island" and "
Prince Edward Island" are frequently mistakenly attributed to Cook, who in fact ...
On 24 August 1819, Edward Parry observed Cape Walker, a bold headland on
Russell Island, immediately to the north of Prince of Wales Island. Behind it, he
reported seeing a "loom of land" but was unable to ascertain its extent. This was
A Historical Encyclopedia William James Mills. Atkinson, Edward, 37-39, 128,
587, 716 Austin, Horatio, 40-42, 58-59, 67, 70,73,75,113,164,186,232,236, 243-
245, 334-335, 400, 408, 414, 516,519-520,532,691 Avery, George, 88, 430 Back,
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.