Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 90
... Britain, 268 Greely, Adolphus (1844-1935), 269 Greenland, 272 Greenland,
East, 273 Greenland, Inland Ice, 274 Greenland, North, 277 Greenland, West,
279 Greenwich Island (South Shetland Islands), 279 Gvozdev, Mikhail (ca. 1700-
He was ready to move on to a new field of endeavor, this time choosing
Greenland. Ice-Free Land and the Ancient Norse in Greenland, 1883 On his
previous visit to Greenland in 1870, Nordenskiold had come to the view that the
In the event, Peary was able to return along his outward route and did not visit
Greenland. After Rasmussen's First Thule Expedition in 1912, knowledge about
Peary Land was primarily confined to the northern coast and the southern area, ...
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.