Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 79
Arriving back at Repulse Bay on 26 May, he was visited by a party of Inuit with
more detailed knowledge of the dead men. From them, he learned that a group of
Inuit had met about forty white men on the southern coast of King William Island.
Meeting up with Olsen, who had gone ahead with Birket- Smith, they followed the
Inlet to Baker Lake, where they arrived on 12 May to find Birket-Smith happy with
what he was learning about the Caribou Inuit from those visiting the HBC post ...
Victoria Island Inuit gathered each spring for a trading festival in Prince Albert
Sound, the two men took a shortcut across Wollaston Peninsula to find the Inuit
far out on the ice on 12 May. Again, they received a warm welcome. Through the
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.