Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 83
Oxford expeditions to Nordaustlandet (North East Land), Spitsbergen. Arctic, 6(3),
213-222. North Pole There is something particularly ultimate about the North
Pole, underscored by the fact that the Pole itself lies on ever- shifting ice over a ...
Table 15 North Pole Firsts dogsledge on 6 April 1969. Table 15 contains a list of
some of the more significant North Pole achievements. See also: Adventurers;
Amundsen, Roald ( 1 926); Anderson, William; Byrd, Richard (1926); Cook, ...
inquired, then why didn't he drive one to the North Pole? At this date, Robert
Peary's claim to have reached the Pole on 6 March 1909 was generally, though
not universally, accepted. And while the Pole had since been reached by airship,
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.