Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 58
land connection cannot be seen from Peary's viewpoint. Lud- vig Mylius-Erichsen
in 1907 was the first to observe that Navy Cliff is joined to land farther north.
Since all three members of Mylius-Erichsens party died shortly afterward, this fact
Shortly before landing, Peary met up with the supporting party led by the fireman
Charles Clark. Even more desperate for food than Peary's party, they had been
reduced to eating their spare skin boots. By late May, Peary was back at ...
On 18 July, Roosevelt steamed south from Cape Sheridan to land the Inuit at
Cape York, Peary delaying there as usual to help lay in large stocks of walrus
meat for the winter. Only on 6 September was he able to announce his
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.