Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 86
At first, no whales were seen, but the local Inuit asserted that they would arrive
with the fall, as indeed they did in early September, when large numbers
migrated into the sound. Unfortunately for Bon Accord's owner, Penny failed to
take a ...
Prince of Wales Island (Canada) Located at 72°30'N, 99°00'W, this island lies
south of Barrow Strait. It is separated from Somerset Island to its east by Peel
Sound and Franklin Strait, and from Victoria Island to its southwest by McClintock
Among the first was Jonas Poole, who in 1610 explored and named the major
west coast fiords: Horn Sound (Hornsund), Bell Sound (Bellsund), Ice Sound (
Isfjorden) and Cross Bay (Krossfjorden). In 1612, Thomas Marmaduke explored
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.