Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 65
Date Explorer Means From 1607 Hudson Ship Spitsbergen 1765 Chichagov
Ship Spitsbergen 1766 Chichagov Ship Spitsbergen 1773 Phipps Ship
Spitsbergen 1818 Buchan Ship Spitsbergen 1827 Parry Man-hauling and
Elsewhere in the Arctic, the photographer Walter Mittelholzer obtained fine aerial
views of interior Spitsbergen in 1923 from the Junkers D260 Eisvogel (Ice Bird).
Some of the mountains photographed by Mittelholzer were later climbed by the ...
The precise location of the Antarctic Convergence varies according to season but
it is generally found forming an undulating line between the latitudes 45° and 60°
S. Spitsbergen. The High Arctic archipelago north of Norway was known as ...
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.