Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 29
Through the remainder of the eighteenth and much of the nineteenth centuries,
sections of the Northeast Passage were used by local shipping, particularly west
of Vaygach. It was not until the early twentieth century that the Russian state ...
Russian round the world voyages, 1803-1849, with a summary of later voyages
to 1867. Kingston, Ontario: Limestone Press. Vaygach Island (Russia) Located in
the Russian Arctic at 70°N and 60°E, Vaygach Island occupies a prominent ...
Although Sergeyev retained overall command, Boris Andreyevich Vil'kitskiy was
appointed captain of Taymyr and Per Alekseyevich Novopashennyy captain of
Vaygach. Vil'kitskiy was the son of Andrey I. Vil'kitskiy, who as head of the Chief ...
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.