Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 54
They did not arrive back at Danish Island until 15 September, finding the rest of
the expedition assembled (except for Mathiassen and Olsen, ... Reaching the
Gulf of Boothia across Rae Isthmus, they arrived at King William Island on 1 3
Stenersen and Rotvold arrived back at the ship at 2:00 p.m. on Christmas Day. As
soon ... and was making preparations to sledge across to Sorge Bay, when he
learned by radio of the arrival of four of the Norwegians at Advent Bay on 5 April.
He arrived back on 1 1 April, after making a detour to conduct a brief geological
survey of Stolbovoy Island, which he had not visited during his previous
expeditions. Three days later, Matisen led a sledging party over the sea ice to
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.