Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 80
The Russian response was to relocate several Nentsy families to Malyye Kar-
makuly (72°13'N, 52°25'E) in 1877. A relief station for shipwrecked sailors was
also established here, consisting of a house, bathhouse, lookout post, and
The same day, Beardmore Base was established by two Skytrains. Three days
later, a Grasshopper ... Meanwhile, arrangements for establishing Byrd Station
were coordinated by Commander Paul Frazier. Crevasses were systematically ...
Northern Sea Route, one of the earliest stations in the Russian Arctic was
established here in 1914. Vaygach Island (70°14'N, 58°28'E) is one of very few
stations still operating. Other stations have been maintained at various times at
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.