Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 84
It was also awarded to ninety-four American citizens, mainly from the U.S. Navy,
who took part in two expeditions in 1 850- 1 ... It was also awarded to members of
the expedition organized by U.S. naval surgeon Elisha Kent Kane, who, having ...
Stockholm: F. & G. Beijers Fdrlag. Nordenskiold, N. A. E., and F.W.von Otter. 1869
.Account of the Swedish North-Polar expedition of 1868 under the command of
A. E. Nordenskiold and Fr. W. Von Otter. Royal Geographical Society. Journal ...
book is quite simply the best about any polar expedition, as well as being highly
informative on life on Ross Island. Bixby, W. 1 962. McMurdo, Antarctica. New
York: David McKay. Cherry-Garrard, A. G.B. 1994. 77ie worst journey in the world
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.