Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 83
Five days later, fox tracks guided them to Brenlund's body, which was searched
for further papers before being reburied. Nothing was found; nor were they able
to locate the two other bodies. Having stayed out so long from the ship, they had
See also: Belgium; Christensen, Lars ( 1 936- 1 937); Gerlache, Adrien de; Japan
; Norway; Pakistan; Queen Maud Land; Riiser-Larsen, Hjalmar (1930-1931)
References and further reading: ToIIefsen, I. E. 1 997. Antarctica: the Ronde
Further excursions south and east failed to discover more land, and Williams
turned toward Valparaiso, reaching it on 15 April. Smith made one further voyage
to the South Shetlands,but for the purpose of sealing rather than exploration.
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.