Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 83
The exploration of Prince Charles Foreland. Scottish Geographical Magazine, 32
(2), 139-150. Prince Edward Islands (Sub-Antarctic) This somewhat confusingly
named group consists of two islands, the smaller Prince Edward Island (46°38'S,
Mikkelsen Harbor was well known to the sealers of the early nineteenth century,
who roughly charted it and named it Hoseason Harbor for James Hoseason, first
mate of the British sealer Sprightly ( 1 824). Further charting was carried out ...
Shmidt remained for eight days to help with the construction of the hut, which was
built on a low-lying island that they named "Domashniy" (Home). Before he left,
Shmidt instructed Ushakov that should it prove impossible to pick him up, he was
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.