Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 83
The Kara Sea route became increasingly important in late imperial times, and at
the same time American vessels developed a growing trade with northern
Chukotka in the far east. Not until 1914-1915 was the next transit made by Boris ...
Opening up the Northern Sea Route as a commercial seaway became the
overriding objective of Soviet Arctic policy. In 1932, the Chief Administration of
the Northern Sea Route (Glavsemorput', or GUSMP) replaced the Committee of
In time, this policy shift also led to the establishment of the Chief Administration of
the Northern Sea Route (Glav- sevmorput', or GUSMP), a development that
caused Samoylovich to have mixed feelings. In 1930, he had been replaced as
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.