Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 86
In addition, scientific work would be carried out, with particular attention being
paid to the numbers, species, and distribution of whales. Members of the
expedition included ship's officers K. N. MacKenzie, W. R. Colbeck, and J. B.
Child, W. J. ...
The most recent scientific visit was made in 1997 from HMS Endurance during a
comprehensive geological and biological survey of the South Sandwich Islands.
See also: Bellingshausen, Fabian von; Cook, James (1772-1775); Discovery ...
See Nentsy Saunders Island, 576-577 Scientific organizations Arctic and
Antarctic Institute, St. Petersburg, 181,571 Arctic Institute, Leningrad, 7, 246, 308,
485, 571 , 575-576, 602, 667 Arctic Institute of North America, 187,404 Australian
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.