Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 84
Date Explorer Means From 1607 Hudson Ship Spitsbergen 1765 Chichagov
Ship Spitsbergen 1766 Chichagov Ship Spitsbergen 1773 Phipps Ship
Spitsbergen 1818 Buchan Ship Spitsbergen 1827 Parry Man-hauling and
Following the loss of his ship and the failure of his first two attempts to reach the
North Pole from Rudolf Island in 1904, Anthony Fiala led south those of his men
who wished to return home. On 16 May, he reached Cape Flora, where he ...
Before the ship could be refloated, the ice came in again and they were once
more trapped. Although they had sufficient provisions to winter, the scientists
were not keen to remain in Sorge Bay, where there was little for them to do that
had not ...
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.