Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 74
The considerable wealth derived from whaling, in particular by Norway, had not
escaped Germany's notice. ... By the 1938-1939 season, Germany's whaling fleet
consisted of no less than seven factory ships and fifty whale-catchers, with the ...
Whaling and Antarctic Exploration The naturalist William Speirs Bruce sailed to
Antarctica with the Dundee Whaling ... The aim of the expedition was to hunt
whales, preferably right whales, and the whalers had no interest in geographical
Whaling in the White Sea (Hellwald, F. von. 1881. Au Pole Nord. Paris: F. Ebhardt
, p. 306) Ernest Shackleton (left) and Frank Wild on Quest (Scott Polar. Whaling
and Antarctic Exploration exploring expeditions at this time, Sir Ernest ...
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 67 nejsou zobrazeny.