My Hero: Extraordinary People on the Heroes Who Inspire Them
In My Hero, some of the brightest lights from around the globe share -- in their own words -- stories about the people who have been the greatest source of strength and inspiration to them. With essays by military heroes, political leaders, and Nobel Prize winners, sports heroes, firefighters, scientists, and schoolteachers -- and with an introduction by basketball legend, businessman, and philanthropist Earvin "Magic" Johnson -- this collection gathers individuals who themselves are shining examples to tell us about the people who have illuminated their own lives.
• How did Dana Reeve come to find such grit and grace when her fairy-tale prince was thrown from his real-life steed, paralyzed from the neck down?
• What traits of baseball great Ted Williams have inspired war hero Senator John McCain since childhood?
• What impact did Nelson Mandela have on boxing legend Muhammad Ali?
• Why does one of the all-time greats of baseball, Yogi Berra, believe that he owes each of his legendary home runs to his brothers?
• How did Michael J. Fox find a woman who would walk away from a spectacular career in finance in order to fight for a cure for Parkinson's disease at the helm of his nonprofit foundation?
• Why does John Glenn, a man who flew into space twice and served a quarter century on the Senate floor, look up to his own wife, Annie Glenn, as the true hero in the family?
In a world hungry for good examples, My Hero reminds us that heroes come in all shapes and sizes. It also teaches us that the words and deeds of those who inspire us are as varied as the stars that illuminate the night.
The editors of My Hero and the contributors are donating all royalties from this book to the nonprofit My Hero Project.
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
My hero: extraordinary people on the heroes who inspire themRecenze od uživatele - Not Available - Book Verdict
This anthology of tepid uplift celebrates the democratization of the once larger-than-life status of the hero. Initiated by the myhero.com website of inspirational postings aimed at kids, the volume ... Přečíst celou recenzi
LibraryThing ReviewRecenze od uživatele - gaylagoff - LibraryThing
This book was given to me by my son-in-law, James, in 2006. It is a great inspirational book. Přečíst celou recenzi
Congressman John Lewis
Dr Bernard Lown
Senator John McCain
Billie Jean King
Frances Moore Lappé
About The My Hero Project
Další vydání - Zobrazit všechny
My Hero: Extraordinary People on the Heroes who Inspire Them
My Hero Project,Earvin (Magic) Johnson
Náhled není k dispozici. - 2005