« PředchozíPokračovat »
CHAP. I. SUBMITTING A CONTROVERSY WITHOUT ACTION.
II. PROCEEDINGS AGAINST JOINT DEBTORS, HEIRS, LEGATEES,
DEVISEES, AND TENANTS HOLDING UNDER A JUDGMENT
III. CONFESSION OF JUDGMENT WITHOUT ACTION...
IV. OFFERS OF THE DEFENDANT TO COMPROMISE THE WHOLE
OR A PART OF THE ACTION........
V. ADMISSSION OR INSPECTION OF WRITINGS..
VII. EXAMINATION OF WITNESSES..
XI. NOTICES, AND FILING AND SERVICE OF PAPERS.
XII. DUTIES OF SHERIFFS AND CORONERS..
XIII. ACCOUNTABILITY OF GUARDIANS.
SEC. 372. Controversy, how submitted without action..
373. Judgment, how entered.....
SEC. 375. Parties not summoned in action on joint contract may be
376. If judgment debtor die, his representatives may be sum-
CHAPTER II.-Proceedings against joint debtors, heirs, devisees, legatees, and
378. Summons to be accompanied by affidavit of amount due
379. Party summoned may answer and defend.
380. Subsequent pleadings and proceedings the same as in an
CHAPTER III.-Confession of judgment without action.
SEC. 382. Judgment may be confessed for debt due, or for contingent
383. Statement in writing, and form thereof...
SEC. 385. Offer of compromise..
386. Defendant may offer to liquidate damages conditionally...
CHAPTER V.-Admission or inspection of writings.
SEC. 388. Inspection and copy of books, papers, and documents, how
SEC. 389. Action for discovery abolished.......
390. A party may examine his adversary as a witness..
392. Party, how compelled to attend..
393. Testimony of party may be rebutted..
395. Testimony of a party not responsive to the inquiries may
be rebutted by the oath of the party calling him....
396. Persons for whom action is brought or defended may be
SEC. 398. Interest not to exclude a witness....
399. Parties to actions and special proceedings may be witnesses
on their own behalf, except in certain cases.
SEC. 400. Definition of an order...........
401. Definition of a motion; motions, how and when made;
motions in the first district; stay of proceedings;
compelling parties to testify on motions...
403. In actions in the supreme courrt, county judge may exer-
cise powers of a judge at chambers; his orders, how re-
404. In absence, &c., of judge at chambers, motion may be
SEC. 408. Notices, &c., how served..
412. Double time where service by mail.
413. Notice of motion, &c., where personally served.
414. When papers need not be served on defendant.
415. Service of papers where parties reside out of the State.
416. Summons and pleadings to be filed....
CHAPTER XII.-Duties of sheriff's and coroners.
SEC. 419. Duty of sheriff and coroner in serving or executing pro-
CHAPTER XIII.-Accountability of guardians.
SEC. 420. Guardians not to receive property until security given.....
SEC. 422. Papers lost or withheld, how supplied....
423. Where undertakings to be filed...
424. Judgment on bond and warrant of attorney, executed be-
425. Time for publication of notices, how computed....
PROPERTY AND FOR WASTE AND NUISANCE
V. GENERAL PROVISIONS RELATING TO ACTIONS CONCERNING
III. ACTIONS FOR THE PARTITION OF REAL PROPERTY... ...657-663
IV. ACTIONS TO DETERMINE CONFLICTING CLAIMS TO REAL
431. Leave to sue, how obtained..
432. Action upon information or complaint of course.
433. Action, when and how brought to vacate letters patent..
434. Relator, when to be joined as plaintiff...
435. Complaint and arrest of defendant in action for usurping
436. Judgment in such actions..
437. Assumption of office, &c., by relator, when judgment is in
438. Proceedings against a defendant, on his refusal to deliver
440. One action against several persons claiming office or fran-
441. Penalty for usurping office or franchise, how awarded..
442. Judgment of forfeiture against a corporation
443. Costs against a corporation, or persons claiming to be
444. Restraining corporation, and appointment of a receiver.
445. Copy of judgment-roll against corporation, where to be
CHAPTER II.-Actions in place of scire facias, quo warranto, and of informations
in the nature of quo warranto.
SEC. 428. Scire facias and quo warranto abolished, and this chapter
429. Actions may be brought, by direction of the legislature,
by the attorney general, to vacate a charter....
430. Actions to annul a corporation, when and how brought
SEC. 446. Entry of judgment relating to letters patent...
CHAPTER III.-Actions for the partition of real property.
SEC. 448. Provisions of the revised statutes applicable to actions for
CHAPTER IV.-Actions to determine conflicting claims to real property and for
SEC. 449. Actions to determine claims to real property, how prose-
450. Action of waste abolished; waste, how remediable..
451. Provisions of revised statutes applicable to action for waste
452. When judgment of forfeiture and eviction to be given..
453. Writ of nuisance abolished.....
454. Remedy for injuries heretofore remediable by writ of
PROVISIONS RELATING TO EXISTING SUITS.
SEC. 456. Appeal from order at special term, on a summary applica-
457. Writ of error abolished, and appeal substituted...
458. Execution on judgment docketed prior to July 1, 1848...
459. Application of this act to actions pending; extraordinary
CHAPTER V.-General provisions relating to actions concerning real property.
SEC. 455. Provisions of revised statutes applicable thereto...
468. Inconsistent statutory provisions repealed.
469. Inconsistent rules and practice abrogated..
470. Judges to meet and make general rules..
471. Certain proceedings and statutory provisions not affected by
JUDICIARY, ARTICLE OF AMENDED CONSTITUTION..
ACT RELATING TO THE COURT OF APPEALS, AND THE COMMISSION OF
ACT RELATING TO THE SUPREME COURT, AND TO THE ELECTION OF
A JUDGE OF THE COURT OF COMMON PLEAS IN THE CITY
ACT TO REGULATE PROCEEDINGS AGAINST CORPORATIONS BY INJUNC-