Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 79
Contents Abruzzi, Luigi Duke of (1873–1933), 1 Adams, Jameson (1880–1962),
3 Adelaide Island (Antarctic Peninsula), 4 Adélie Land (Antarctica), 4 Adventurers
, 5 Airplanes, 5 Airships, 8 Alexander Island (Antarctic Peninsula), 9 Alexandra ...
Biscoe, John (1794–1843), 88 Black, Richard (1902–1992), 89 Booth Island (
Antarctic Peninsula), 91 Boothia Peninsula (Canada), 91 Borchgrevink, Carsten (
1864–1934), 93 Borden Island (Canada), 95 Borough, Stephen (1525–1584), ...
On 16 October 1901, Antarctic sailed from Gothenburg. Stopping in England to
take on coal, Nordenskjöld took the opportunity to visit London to confer with Sir
Clements Markham and William Speirs Bruce to improve coordination of his
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.