Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 82
On 16 February, G. P. Vlasov landed. Ironically, he had been searching not for
them but for another pilot, Ivan Cherevichnyy, who had gone missing. Papanin
refused to be evacuated until Cherevichnyy had been found. The floe was down
Princess Astrid Coast was discovered on 5 February 1931 by Captain H.
Halvorsen of the whaler Sevilla, and Prince Harald Coast was not discovered
until six years later on 4 February 1937 by Viggo Widerøe, Nils Romnaes, and
The Weddell Sea was finally reached on 16 February. Soon afterward, rapidly
shallowing soundings indicated that at last Norwegia might again be
approachingland. Two days later,land was clearly within view, slopes of ice rising
to 300 ...
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.