Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 79
Arriving back at Repulse Bay on 26 May, he was visited by a party of Inuit with
more detailed knowledge of the dead men. From them, he learned that a group of
Inuit had met about forty white men on the southern coast of King William Island.
Meeting up with Olsen, who had gone ahead with BirketSmith, they followed the
Inlet to Baker Lake, where they arrived on 12 May to find Birket-Smith happy with
what he was learning about the Caribou Inuit from those visiting the HBC post to
Anderson having gone to fetch supplies from Herschel Island, Stefansson set out
on 21 April 1910 with Natkusiak, Pannigabluk, and Tannaumirk to look for
unknown Inuit tribes farther east on the shores of Coronation Gulf. The fact that
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.