Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 96
Though it was probably true that the younger Ross was the more energetic and
approachable figure throughout much of the ordeal, John Ross's insistence on
eating fresh meat had staved off scurvy until the final two winters and had then ...
Davis, John, 52,55, 167, 173–176, 174 (illus), 177,249,279,287, 313–
314,438,475,564,694 Davis, John E.,43 Day, Bernard,587,595 Dell, James, 703–
704 Domville, William, 340 Des Voeux, Charles, 242 Dickason, Harry, 127-128
Willoughby, Hugh, 61,95, 125, 134, 312,365,479,521,713–714 Wilson, Edward,
30–31, 38,227, 229, 303, 397,558–559,584–588,661, 714-716,715 (photo)
Wilton, David, 103,329 Wood, John, 484,718–719 Wordie, James,
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.