Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 90
On 3 June 1789, Mackenzie set out from Fort Chipewyan, a trading post on Lake
Athabasca, in three birch-bark canoes accompanied by a Chipewyan guide
named English Chief, a young German, four French Canadian voyageurs, and
Leaving Philadelphia on 26 June 1893, Falcon had reached Inglefield Gulf by 3
August; Bowdoin Fjord was selected as the site of Anniversary Lodge, the
expedition's winter quarters. Depot-laying journeys began soon after Falcon's
On 4 June 1906, Wellman sailed north from Tromsø in Frithjof which had already
taken the advance party to Danes Island led by H. B. Hersey, an employee of the
U.S. Weather Bureau, along with much of the equipment and stores. By the time ...
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.