Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 75
The exploration of Prince Charles Foreland. Scottish Geographical Magazine, 32
(2), 139–150. Prince Edward Islands (Sub-Antarctic) This somewhat confusingly
named group consists of two islands, the smaller Prince Edward Island (46°38'S,
Prince of Wales Island (Canada) Located at 72°30'N,99°00'W., this island lies
south of Barrow Strait. It is separated from Somerset Island to its east by Peel
Sound and Franklin Strait, and from Victoria Island to its southwest by McClintock
... 166 Fernandes, João, 165 Prince Charles Foreland, 105,450, 530–531 Prince
Charles Island, 233,404 Prince Charles Mountains, 389 Prince Edward Islands,
159, 166,234, 407,446,531,620 Prince Harald Coast, 146,531 Prince of Wales ...
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.