Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 88
1, 175–195. Golder, F.A. 1914. Russian expansion on the Pacific, 1641–1850.
Cleveland: Arthur H. Clark. Grekov, V.I. 1960. Ocherki iz istorii russkikh
geograficheskikh issledovaniyy 1725–1765gg. Moscow: Izdatel'stvo Akademii
Hunters such as these regarded the islands as a no-man's land rather than as
part of Russia. The Russian response was to relocate several Nentsy families to
Malyye Karmakuly (72°13'N, 52°25'E) in 1877. A relief station for shipwrecked ...
Pakhtusov, Petr (1800–1835) Ice conditions off the east coast of the Russian
Arctic archipelago of Novaya Zemlya—“New Land”—meant that it was almost
inaccessible to sailing vessels. Not until the 1830s were substantial sections of it
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.