Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 92
Once within it, Eenoolooapik was able to confirm that this was indeed “
Tenudiakbeek.” At first, no whales were seen, but the local Inuit asserted that they
would arrive with the fall, as indeed they did in early September, when large
For once the pack opened up before them, and they were able to come within
150 meters of the cliffs in a sheltered embayment, which they named Seal Bay.
Their position was 71°27'S, 14°58'W. The seaplane took off, despite signs of a ...
With secure financial backing, Wilkins had been able to purchase two Lockheed
Vega monoplanes and to bring with him two other pilots—Eielson and Joe
Crosson— as well as an engineer and a radio operator. His plan was to fly from
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.