Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 88
Four days were spent searching for him before Rasmussen decided that they
must go on, leaving behind food, clothing, and maps in the faint hope that Olsen
might still be alive. With fourteen dogs pulling two sledges, they reached the
When, however, the Germans had completed their preparations to go, the
Norwegians decided to join them. On 21 September, all eleven men set out, with
the Germans and Norwegians pulling separate sledges assisted by eight dogs.
Fortunately, he had decided to wait until the technology was more advanced. Ten
years later he again approached Godard to commission the construction of an
airship with funding provided by the Chicago Record-Herald, as eager as ever for
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.