Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 87
Discovery sailed from Cardiff on 10 August 1929, reaching Cape Town on 7
October, then sailing from there on 19 October.Alarming rumors circulated at
Cape Town concerning supposed plans by Christensen for his ship Norvegia to
On 22 November, Discovery sailed from Hobart, heading first to Macquarie Island
, then searching in vain for Royal Company and Emerald Islands, two reported
islands now known not to exist. Mawson's plan for this season was to take on
The voyages of the Discovery London: Virgin. Scott, R. F. 1969. The voyage of
the “Discovery"New York: Greenwood Press. . 1996. Scott's last expedition. New
York: Carroll & Graf. Skelton, C.V., and D. M. Wilson. 2001. Discovery illustrated.
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.