Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 85
Unusually for a British medal, the Arctic Medal was awarded not only to British
citizens in the naval or private expeditions; it was also awarded to 192 servants of
the Hudson's Bay Company, both European and native North American.
Stockholm; F & G. Beijers Förlag. Nordenskiöld, N.A.E., and F.W. von Otter. 1869.
Account of the Swedish North-Polar expedition of 1868 under the command of
A.E. Nordenskiöld and Fr. W.Von Otter. Royal Geographical Society. Journal, 39
Wilkes, Charles 705 Wilkes, Charles (1798–1877) The 1838–1842 United States
Exploring Expedition to the Pacific and Antarctica was surrounded by controversy
from the first proposal through the prolonged aftermath of its return. Much of it ...
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.