Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 88
Since he would undoubtedly need a boat of some size, Middendorff was
therefore obliged to purchase timber and woodworking tools in Yeniseysk,
continuing on down the frozen Yenisey with four heavily loaded sledges pulled
by up to ...
Ritscher and Eberhard left four days later, one day ahead of Stenersen and
Rotvold, who stayed behind to fabricate boots out of reindeer hide. This late in
the fall, there was insufficient light for traveling without the moon, and an initial
By 4 December, they were only 13 miles from the Beardmore when they were
held up for four days by a blizzard, upsetting Scott's finely balanced calculations.
Only on 9 December were they able to move south again. That night at “
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.