Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 83
Five days later, fox tracks guided them to Brønlund's body, which was searched
for further papers before being reburied. Nothing was found; nor were they able
to locate the two other bodies. Having stayed out so long from the ship, they had
Satisfied that even Dobbs must be persuaded that Wager Bay offered no hope of
finding the Passage, Moor and Smith on 14 August headed home, further
exploratory work being cut short as scurvy took hold of the two crews. Reaching
See also: Belgium; Christensen, Lars (1936–1937); Gerlache, Adrien de; Japan;
Norway; Pakistan; Queen Maud Land; Riiser-Larsen, Hjalmar (1930–1931)
References and further reading: Tollefsen, I.E. 1997. Antarctica: the Ronde Spire.
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.