Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 87
Sailing in Krotov, Pakhtusov was now to be accompanied by August Karlovich
Tsivol'ka in Kazakov, the two vessels being named for the captain and second-in-
command of Yenisey, which was presumed lost, having failed to return in 1832.
The exploration of Prince Charles Foreland. Scottish Geographical Magazine, 32
(2), 139–150. Prince Edward Islands (Sub-Antarctic) This somewhat confusingly
named group consists of two islands, the smaller Prince Edward Island (46°38'S,
The coast was first seen by Fabian von Bellingshausen on 16 February 1820; it
was not rediscovered until March 1931, when sighted by Captain H. Halvorsen of
the whaler Sevilla, who named it for Princess Astrid of Norway. In January 1939 ...
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.