Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 83
The remainder would be divided into three groups: a party of three, to head west
toward Graham Land; another party of three, to head north toward Enderby Land;
and a party of six led by himself, to head south to the South Pole. From the Pole ...
Taylor, Thomas Griffith (1880–1963) Although Captain Robert Falcon Scott is
best known for the journey to the South Pole on which he and his four
companions in the Polar Party perished, Scott's second expedition took with it
more scientists ...
Once it was erected, Wild led a six-man party on a depot-laying expedition
eastward, returning on 6 April to find the hut already almost buried by snow. West
Base was marginally less windy than Commonwealth Bay but was otherwise
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.