Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 86
Alert was finally established in April 1950 near Cape Sheridan, after the
icebreakers proved incapable of repeating their voyage the following year. In
1962, the submarine USS Skate pioneered a new route to the Arctic Ocean
through Nares ...
Having traveled the length of Eureka and Nansen Sounds and finding no land
connection with Ellesmere, he had at last proved Axel Heiberg's insularity. Other
journeys were made by Isachsen and Bay across Jones Sound to explore the ...
Asia and North America Finally Proved Separate Continents, 1820–1824 Reports
of a great peninsula extending from America into the Arctic Ocean and lying to
the north of Siberia had inspired the privately sponsored expedition of Mathias ...
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.