Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 89
Copenhagen: Gyldendal, frontispiece) straightforwardly geographical: to
complete the survey of northeast Greenland by exploring the unvisited region
between Cape Bismarck and Cape Wyckoff, reached by Karl Koldewey in 1870
and by ...
Following the loss of his ship and the failure of his first two attempts to reach the
North Pole from Rudolf Island in 1904, Anthony Fiala led south those of his men
who wished to return home. On 16 May, he reached Cape Flora, where he ...
On 21 April, he claimed to have reached 87°06'N, but on the basis of an analysis
of inconsistencies between the published account and Peary's typescript diary,
Wally Herbert (1989) doubts that he got so far, though accepting that he most ...
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.