Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 47
In search of an anchorage for Eliza and Dove from where his boats might be sent
out safely to obtain seals, Powell tried a series of harbors along the north coast of
Livingston Island, finally finding some security at Clothier Harbor on Robert ...
Scott's first expedition and the quest for the unknown continent. Boulder:
University Press of Colorado. Sealing and Antarctic Exploration Unlike whaling,
sealing is a land-based activity, as seals are generally killed on the land and not
Weddell did not investigate further until February 1822, when he himself visited
the South Orkneys in Jane, having been unable to obtain sufficient sealskins in
the South Shetlands and hoping for more seals here, as well as an opportunity to
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.