Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 57
Shackleton's Forgotten Expedition: The Ross Sea Party, 1914–1917 Shackleton's
plan to cross Antarctica from the Weddell Sea to the Ross Sea was feasible only
as long as his crossing party was not required to subsist on just those supplies ...
Having taken on fresh supplies, coal, and drinking water, the expedition departed
for Antarctica three days later. Already, however, it was very late in the season,
and they were further delayed by continuous bad weather. To compound the ...
Setting out from Copenhagen on 1 April 1930 in the Royal Greenland Trading
Company vessel Disko, the expedition transshipped twenty-five ponies and 98
tons of equipment and supplies at Holsteinborg to Gustav Holm, which was to
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.