Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 87
Mawson visited again the following year to survey the region in greater detail.
Douglas Mawson's discoveries were extended by flights made by the Western
Group in February 1947 during Operation Highjump. In February 1954, the
The second expedition, during which Nordenskiöldassisted Torellin making the
first scientific surveys of the western and much of the northern coast of North East
Land, had as one of its objectives the investigation of the feasibility of measuring
Hope Bay was to become the great sledging center of the Falkland Island
Dependencies Survey (the new name for Operation Tabarin following the end of
World War II; see below). This tradition was established early, with a four-man
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.