Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 64
Stonington had been visited in 1943 by the Argentine vessel Primero de Mayo,
which had left a cylinder stating Argentina's claim to the sector in which
Stonington lay. Shortly before the Americans arrived, East Base had also been
visited by a ...
He visited Novaya Zemlya again four years later. Not long afterward, Cornelis
Roule also visited this island, from where he sailed northwest to discover land at
84–85°N. Although this is north of its actual position, this was quite possibly the
Meeting up with Olsen, who had gone ahead with BirketSmith, they followed the
Inlet to Baker Lake, where they arrived on 12 May to find Birket-Smith happy with
what he was learning about the Caribou Inuit from those visiting the HBC post to
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.