Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 70
Whaling and Antarctic Exploration 695 Weymouth was to be cross-examined by
the court of the East India Company on 24 November, when he defended himself
against the accusation of breaking his agreement to spend at least one winter ...
Whaling and Arctic Exploration 697 free from the need to operate in conjunction
with any shore base because the ships were able to haul the whale carcasses on
board for processing with minimal wastage. Why therefore should it have been ...
True Arctic whaling began as the whalers followed this species north each
summer into Davis Strait with the retreating ice. In 1607, Henry Hudson reported
many whales off Svalbard. The first English and Dutch whalingfleets arrived in
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.