Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - Počet stran: 797
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Výsledky 1-3 z 89
Hecla and Griper in Winter Harbour, Melville Island (Parry, W.E. 1821. Journal of
a voyage for the discovery of a North-west Passage from the Atlantic to the Pacific
. London: John Murray, p. 122) Sledging in Dove Bay for Danmarkshavn, ...
This was found later the same year by Frederick Mecham and reported to Henry
Kellett at Dealy Island, where the latter had established winter quarters. Kellett
was able to arrange for the rescue of McClure's crew the following spring. Two of
Since Sedov did not intend St. Foka to winter in the Arctic, this did not cause him
great concern; nor did the fact that he could afford only fourteen sets of winter
clothing when there would be twenty-seven men on board. St. Foka was not
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
Další části 64 nejsou zobrazeny.