Penguin, 1. 6. 1998 - Počet stran: 368
The Signet Classics edition of William Shakespeare's incomparable tragic play.
"To be, or not to be: that is the question"
There is arguably no work of fiction quoted as often as William Shakespeare's Hamlet. This haunting tragedy of a troubled Danish prince devoted to avenging his father's death has captivated audiences for centuries.
This title in the Signet Classics Shakespeare series includes:
• An overview of Shakespeare's life, world, and theater
• A special introduction to the play by the editor, Sylvan Barnet
• A note on the sources from which Shakespeare derived Hamlet
• Dramatic criticism from Samuel Taylor Coleridge, A.C. Bradley, Maynard Mack, and others
• A comprehensive stage and screen history of notable actors, directors, and productions of Hamlet
• Text, notes, and commentaries printed in the clearest, most readable format
• Recommended readings
Co říkají ostatní - Napsat recenzi
Na obvyklých místech jsme nenalezli žádné recenze.
The Tragedy of Hamlet Prince of Denmark
A Note on the Texts of Hamlet
A Note on the Sources of Hamlet
Další vydání - Zobrazit všechny
action actors appears become beginning believe better body called cause character Claudius Clown comes considered course dead death Denmark direction editors effect Elizabethan Enter evidence Exit eyes fact father fear feeling Folio follow Fortinbras friends further Gertrude ghost give Guildenstern Hamlet hand hath head hear heart heaven hold Horatio instance killed King Laertes later leave lines live look lord madness Marcellus matter means mind mother murder nature never night Ophelia passage passion performance perhaps play players Polonius present probably production Q2 omits Quarto Queen question reason reference revenge role Rosencrantz scene seems seen sense Shakespeare soliloquy sometimes soul speak speech stage suggests tell theater thee thing thou thought tragedy true turn young